Serge Ferrari recommits to ecological research through its presence on the Tara Oceans expedition vessel for an assignment focusing on the oceans and the impact of climate changes on the planet.
Stamoid Light composite membrane will protect scientific equipment on board and Stamoid Top will shelter 14 crew members against extreme weather conditions in the Arctic Circle’s icy seas.
Serge Ferrari Stamoid membranes’ lightness and resistance to marine environments and severe climatic conditions make them the ideal partners of Tara Oceans.
The partnership between Serge Ferrari and Tara Expéditions was founded during the Tara Océans venture in 2009.
This outstanding scientific expedition involved sending Tara, a 36 metre long schooner, on a 3-year mission to investigate plankton stocks in the globe’s oceans and seas and the impact of climate warming on the planet.
For this mission, Tara needed to be fitted out with high-performance materials capable of ensuring long, complex crossings subject to multiple climate changes.
Particularly sensitive to environmental issues, Serge Ferrari naturally agreed to support the crew during this venture and to supply all the composite materials needed for fitting out the research vessel:
• Serge Ferrari Stamoid Light was used for on-board auxiliary and scientific equipment covers
• Serge Ferrari Stamoid Top for canopies protecting crews from bad weather and UV radiation
• Soltis 86 for solar protection over a curved cockpit.
Throughout their long 3-year voyage, the different crew members were entirely satisfied with the resistance and lightness of the Serge Ferrari composite materials and wanted to renew the experience this year in relation to a new destination: the Far North and……. the Arctic!
From May to November 2013, Tara will navigate around the Arctic Ocean and through both through the North-Eastern and North-Western passages to study the marine polar ecosystem and complete the research undertaken since 2009.
Once again, Serge Ferrari stands next to Tara Arctic by supplying composite materials capable of resisting an icy marine environment and extreme climatic conditions:
• Lightweight, resistant Serge Ferrari Stamoid Light is again protecting all scientific equipment on the vessel
• Serge Ferrari Stamoid Top is sheltering the crew, while hard at work beneath a full deck canopy
• Stamskin Top, selected for its resistance to intense usage requirements, is covering all the entire mess seating.
Serge Ferrari is proud to accompany Tara Expéditions around the globe by ensuring optimum navigating conditions for its crews.
See the Serge Ferrari Yachting range
For further details, visit taraexpeditions.org